Food in hospital never seems to receive the best compliment. They are known to be bland, not appetising and not delicious.
But a woman who recently gave birth in Japan shows there are mouthwatering dishes she enjoyed during her stay in the hospital.
The fortunate mom shares 12 photos and they really look irresistible.
1. Omuraisu, squid rings, macaroni salad, chicken soup, fruit, green tea.
2. Rice, sea bream, chicken meatballs, pasta salad, pickled daikon, chawan mushi, miso soup, green tea.
3. Rice, natto, mackerel, konbu salad, spinach salad, miso soup, milk, green tea.
4. Rice, cod, pasta salad, shredded cabbage salad, sweet potato and peas, green tea.
5. Rice, chicken with mushroom sauce, daikon carrot salad, braised pumpkin and pork, chawan mushi, miso soup.
6. Rice, niku jaga (meat and potatoes), fish, braised vegetables, cucumber and baby corn salad, miso soup, green tea.
7. Rice, soba noodles, salmon with mushroom sauce, hijiki salad, eggplant and beef, broccoli.
8. Rice, chicken fingers with shredded cabbage salad, carrot salad, agedashi tofu, bitter melon stir fry, miso soup.
9. Mushroom pasta, broccoli and bacon salad, potato salad, chicken soup, bread, fruit, green tea.
10. Rice, spinach salad, salmon, natto, tofu, miso soup, milk.
11. Rice, braised mountain potatoes, fried fish with tartar sauce, spinach and carrot stir fry, hijiki salad, green tea.
12. Rice, roast beef, lotus root with gravy, camembert and raisins, mashed potatoes, kabocha, salad, corn soup, fruit, tiramisu, orange juice, green tea.
The images are not just went viral, but many people from all over the world now want to give birth in Japan, including men as well.
Check out what they said.
“I wanna give birth in Japan. And I am a 60 year old man….” one user said.
“The food looks wonderful–but the PLATE WEAR OMG it’s porcelain! You get crappy plastic Tupperware in the US at best,” another user shared.
“Time to get pregnant and wander around Japan I guess,” one woman wrote.
“Wow. That’s some meal plan you have …!! Did you give birth to the next Emperor??” an Imgur user added.
And the feasts also made some mothers compared to what they had in the hospital within their countries.
“You see in America, you ask for some waffles, but they accidentally just send you some cream of wheat and a side of nothing,” said an American user.
“I work in an US hospital and the food we serve our patients is the kind of stuff that most likely landed them there in the first place,” a user said.
“I gave birth in the morning. I recall shitty french toast and my family brought me my favorite foods and snacks,” a mother wrote.
“Last time I was in the hospital (Canada) I got jello, soup, Wonderbread with one slice of baloney, and fake milk. I mean free healthcare tho,” another user shared.
More information: Hahahah1111111
You may love this too.
Wasabee is a content editor, digital marketer and art enthusiast. He is also a jazz and bossa lover.